Delsere’s Magnum Opus is another set getting a re-haul along with the Crown of the Primus. As per the developers, Delsere’s Magnum Opus felt a bit clunky and with these changes, hopefully the set will feel a bit better and motivate more people to try it out. Along with these changes, Arcane Orb will be seeing a big change once a person can get the correct Sanctified Powers consumable.
- Delsere’s Magnum Opus (Shoulders, Gloves, Chest, Legs, Boots, Helmet)
- (2): Casting Arcane Orb, Energy Twister, Magic Missile, Shock Pulse, Spectral Blade, Electrocute, Meteor, or Arcane Torrent also casts Slow Time at a target. This effect will not trigger if the target is already inside a Slow Time bubble. The cooldown of Teleport will reset while you’re inside bubbles generated from this set or cast by you. – This is a huge change. First, rather than reducing the cooldown of Slow Time, Slow Time will be auto-cast on a target which pretty much means you can place these almost anywhere. The other part that is a major change is resetting the Teleport cooldown. So now this set should become competitive with Firebirds in terms of speed without forcing one to use Illusionist as a passive to gimmick Teleport’s reset.
- (4): You take 75% reduced damage while you have a Slow Time active. Allies inside your Slow Time gain half benefit. – This is a pretty nice boost in damage reduction and may make Delsere’s Wizards desirable in group play in helping parties create a defensive buff.
- (6): Enemies affected by your Slow Time and for 5 seconds after exiting take 12,500% increased damage from your Arcane Orb, Energy Twister, Explosive Blast, Magic Missile, Shock Pulse, Spectral Blade, and Wave of Force abilities. – No real change here. Arcane Orb will probably be your main source of damage especially with the Sanctified Power related to Arcane Orb.
Crown of the Primus (head/cube): Slow Time gains the effect of every rune and permanently follows you. – The major change here is that Slow Time will be around you at all times. This will be pretty big as you almost can teleport as often as you have Slow Time up. In this case, that means, you’ll have 15 seconds to be able to zip around the screen.
Unstable Scepter (weapon/cube): The damage of Arcane Orb is increased by 378% and its explosion triggers an additional time. (Wizard Only) [350 – 450]% – Boosts your Arcane Orb damage and causes it to explode twice.
Triumvirate (offhand): Your Signature Spells increase the damage of Arcane Orb by 375% for 6 seconds, stacking up to 3 times. (Wizard Only) [300 – 400]% – You’ll probably be using an ability like Magic Missile to help auto-cast your Frozen/Arcane Orb.
The Shame of Delsere (belt): Your Signature Spells attack 50% faster and restore 9 Arcane Power. (Wizard Only) [9 – 12] – Since you’ll be using a Signature Spell to bolster your Arcane Orb damage and possibly help auto-cast Frozen Orb, you will want this belt to boost the rate of casting your spells and to help restore Arcane Power.
- Ashnagarr’s Blood Bracer (bracers) – Increases the potency of your shields by 85%. (Wizard Only) [75 – 100]% – More defense for this build.
- Focus/Restraint (rings): You’ll probably be casting a Signature Spell and periodically your Arcane Orb in some combination. So these rings make the best pairing for this build.
Squirt’s Necklace (amulet): While not taking damage, damage dealt is increased by up to 100% and damage taken is increased by up to 50%. – I can’t see any other amulet in this spot. You could use the Endless Walk set instead but I think you’ll have enough defense and your shields should prevent the downtime on the damage boost here.
Wizardspike (weapon/cube): Performing an attack has a 25% chance to hurl a Frozen Orb. Arcane Orb deals 329% increased damage. (Wizard Only) [300 – 350]% – Boost the number of Arcane Orbs you can hurl effectively.
- Halo of Karini (ring/cube) – You take 74% less damage for 5 seconds after your Storm Armor electrocutes an enemy more than 15 yards away. (Wizard Only) [60 – 80]% – Another defensive item that synergizes well with this build.
You have two choices here.
Arcane Orb now periodically spawns up to four orbiting charges that will generate an additional orb when cast. All charges from the Arcane Orb rune now detonate at the same time.
This one seems like the natural choice since you will gain more Arcane Orbs. I’m not sure if the ones spawned by Wizardspike also will influence this ability. But I think this power will be quite good for this build. The other power is:
Magic Missile fires 20 missiles and gains the effect of the Seeker rune.
This one might not seem as good but I’m wondering if the additional missiles cast here will help produce more Frozen Orbs. If that’s the case, then this will be a really solid Sanctified Power to use too.
- Bane of the Trapped – No surprise here given that you’re already employing CC everywhere.
Zei’s Stone of Vengeance – You’re mostly going to be doing ranged damage. But the stun from the secondary will also help trigger your Bane of the Trapped damage.
- Bane of the Stricken – To help with your single target damage.
- Magic Missile: Glacial Spike – You’re going to be doing primarily cold damage and this helps add to the CC effect of everything else you’re doing. Also, with Time Stop and The Shame of Delsere, you should be attacking quite rapidly to frequently trigger more Frozen Orbs.
- Arcane Orb: Frozen Orb – You’ll be throwing one in on your own to help trigger the Focus/Restraint damage boost.
- Slow Time – You gain all Runes once you obtain Crown of the Primus but Time Shell or Time Warp might be good starter runes until you can obtain the Crown.
- Teleport: Safe Passage – Since Slow Time will be resetting Teleport for you, you just need to make sure you arrive safely.
- Magic Weapon: Deflection – For your shields
- Storm Armor: Power of the Storm – Boost your defense from Halo of Karini
- Galvanizing Ward – More shields that augment your Magic Weapon: Deflection buff.
- Audacity – Since your Slow Time will follow you around, you can effectively teleport onto packs of mobs and explode them within your bubble while this increases your damage.
- Evocation – Slow Time is still on a cooldown so you probably will want to use this to help cast it in empty areas to keep your teleport up.
- Unwavering Will – Decent boost to resistance and damage.
I think Enchantress is the best choice here for her cheat death, increased armor/attack speed and cooldown reduction.
Really looking forward to giving this build a try. I’ve stayed away from Delsere’s Magnum Opus for a long time because every change seemed awkward after they shifted Slow Time from a damaging ability. I think these changes will make this build a lot faster and less squishy. It’s less about doing damage with this build but survivability in the way the changes are being presented.